social media links

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Social Media Friends


Andrea, at The Train To Crazy has been hosting a series this year about social media.  Each week she's focusing on a specific medium and there's a linky party to link up your site.  It's been a lot of fun so far (instagram, twitter, pinterest, facebook) and this week is set to be Ravelry.com.

It seems a lot of people may not know too much about ravelry, but I've been a member for years.  It's an online community of knitters and crocheters (and other yarn arts) where there are incredible resources.  You can find almost ANY pattern you're looking for.  There are great search functions which allow to choose so many options.  Searching for a particular designer, looking for a free pattern, and weight of yarn are just a few of the many options. 

I also love that you can keep track of your own projects with notes and photos (and so many other specific options) so you see just what you made and which patterns you used. 

There's an entire community out there with forums and knit-alongs and wow I'm going on and on.  I seriously don't know what I did before ravelry, hehe. 

The best part for me is seeing everyone else's finished products.  If I have a pattern that I want to use I know I can look on ravelry and see if someone else has been successful using a different weight yarn than the original.  Or see what other color options people have used.

I'm excited because I've been listed as a Featured blogger this week for my ravelry profile.  Go check out the other features and add your ravelry page to the linky party.  Lets be social!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments and always try to respond to them when they come in, but please be sure your account includes an email address so I can reply. Thanks!!