social media links

Saturday, July 4, 2015

The Trouser View and a 4th of July Celebration

Happy Fourth of July to all you Americans out there!  Today's Paneled Sunsuit focus is on the Trousers (view G in the pattern).


These loose-fitting pants are the bottom half of the jumpsuit so they are designed to sit a bit high-waisted.  There are options for no pockets, regular pockets, and pockets with a faux piping like the pops of red in these pair.  These are made with a light-weight denim from JoAnn Fabrics, but they are designed to work with a variety of wovens and even a hefty knit like a ponte de roma as well.



They look super cute paired with a cropped tank (view E in the pattern).  There's something very 90's hip hop about these trousers that I love.  They're just baggy enough to be comfortable, but tailored so they don't look sloppy.  I made these pair in size 5 which Bean just moved up into so the length is a bit long on her four year old legs.  They'll fit great come autumn when we're back to wearing pants, which is all part of my master sneaking-in-some-back-to-school-sewing plan, hehe.


She wore these to a big 4th of July party last night and danced the night away.  I was actually impressed that they stayed up on her waist with all of her crazy dance moves without her having to pull up the back every few minutes like she does with a lot of her pants.  She has a bit of a booty so the extra rise in the back of the trousers is always welcome.


The Paneled Sunsuit is available on here.  You don't have to be a member of the club to purchase it, but the purchase price would be the price of a month in the club so I'd recommend joining and using the Paneled Sunsuit as your first free pattern.  Now tell me, what type of fabric would you use to make a pair of these trousers?  One of my testers made a gorgeous floral pair for her girl and she raved about them.  Speaking of my testers, I'll be sharing some of their looks later this week, but for now I'll leave you with a quick clip of the trousers in action last night.  She was mesmerized by the glow ring the dj had just given her, but this was after tons of dancing and you can see the trousers aren't slipping down in the back.  I call that a win:

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments and always try to respond to them when they come in, but please be sure your account includes an email address so I can reply. Thanks!!