But first here's a fun mashUp that was linked up this month from Kimmie So Crazy!
She was a fellow tester of the Alley Cat Romper and she made her girl a couple of super cute rompers that you should hop over to see. I really love the shape of the high low skirt on this one though!
Bean's Alley Cat Daydream dress used the lovely Sprinkles (or Jimmies) cotton jersey fabric from Kitschy Coo for the bodice and a fun waffle textured light-weight woven fabric from JoAnn Fabrics for the skirt. With the texture of the skirt fabric, the dress has a real ice cream cone feel to it, which is fun.
Since the white fabric was a little thin, I used two layers so it wouldn't be see-through. I sewed them together at the bottom edge before attaching the ruffle, but gathered them separately at the bodice to give even more poof to the waistline. The effect is lovely.
Especially when she spins!
If you'd like to sew your own Alley Cat Daydream MashUp, you can purchase the Lil Luxe Collection's Alley Cat Romper here (*affiliate link) and See Kate Sew's Daydream Ruffle Dress here and be sure to Pin this post for these mash-a-long links:
Thursday 9/4: Introduce the patterns and open the giveaway (giveaway ends on 9/17 at midnight EST)
Thursday 9/11: Reveal the MashUp, alter the patterns, and open the link up (open until 9/24 at midnight EST)
Thursday 9/18: Begin sewing the MashUp with the Giveaway winner announced on Facebook and Instagram
Thursday 9/25: Share the details of the MashUp and features from the link up
I'm participating in a MashUp blog hop with some awesome bloggers so hop on over:
- Knight Hoodie + Bimaa Sweater by Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy Crafts
- Alleycat Daydream Dress by Call Ajaire
- Rainbow Princess Dress by Rae Gun Ramblings
- Ash Jumpsuit + Vintage Style Flutter Sleeve by Amanda Rose
- Burda Harem Pants + McCalls Dress by Lil Bit and Nan
- Sugar Plum Princess Dress + Poppy Dress by Bee Quilted Beauties
- Dress #13 + Pants #2 by Sprouting Jube Jube
- Katie Fancy Pant + Field Research Pant by Scientific Seamstress
- Jumpsuit Mashup by Sew Like My Mom
- Lullaby Line Body Suit + Grand Slam Tee by Peek-a-boo Pattern Shop
- Cherry Pie Skirt + Socialite Peplum by Sewing Sober