social media links

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Wear to Where - Glamping

Yes, it's back!  There's another round of the Wear to Where tour and I'm so happy to be involved again.  The tour is hosted by Wild and Wanderful and Gardening In High Heels and if you're not familiar with Wear to Where, there are theme days in which fashion AND sewing bloggers come together to show off an outfit to wear to go along with the theme.  This time I picked the glamping theme which is super fun.



We LOVE camping, and are already planning a few trips this summer.  Now normally the clothes we wear get filthy, but if we were GLAMPING it'd be a whole other story right?  Glamping is a combination of glamour and style where you get to experience nature, with all the comforts of home.


I decided to sew up a Sanibel Romper from Hey June.  I've had the pattern for ages and this was a great chance to muslin a pants version.


I sewed a size XL for the top and according to the pattern measurements a 2XL for the bottoms.  I altered the crotch curve of the bottoms, but otherwise left the pattern as is.  Even though the pattern is meant for wovens, I used a ponte for this pants version after muslining in a woven fabric.


I should have sized down the bottoms with the knit version as the legs hang a little weird with the pockets so low.  I'll definitely modify the bottoms again after it's been worn for awhile.  I may even shorten it to shorts.  I'm having trouble deciding, hehe.


I do love the top though.  I can't wait to make the collared and long sleeved versions.  Adrianna always has amazing pattern details and the Sanibel doesn't disappoint.  There's a cute skirted version with the pattern that I love as well.  If you want to check out the rest of the Wear to Where tour, click the links below!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love comments and always try to respond to them when they come in, but please be sure your account includes an email address so I can reply. Thanks!!