It's a fairly simple style which is perfect for showing of a lovely fabric. The fabric I used is a sateen from JoAnn that I've had in my stash since the late fall I think. The pop of pink sateen at the top is leftover red sateen that I bleach dyed as part of my project run & play week 2 look which ended up being too pink for what I was going for at the time, but I've used it a bunch in other projects lately. It's a really great pink.
Once again I digitally drafted this romper using Inkscape. This was made using the first (and only so far) print out of my pattern pieces so it's essentially a wearable muslin. Super wearable. It's exactly what I was going for. A bit more of a sunsuit than a romper, but I love those short elastic band leg openings.
The straps are elastic with ruched fabric tubes so it is easy on and off. Bean figured out right away that it's as simple as taking off a swimsuit so potty breaks have been a breeze.
My favorite design element is the strip at the top front and back bodice which allows for a great fabric pairing moment. I love how the bright pink helps to make this gorgeous print stand out even more. As crazy as it sounds I think that without the pink, a romper made exclusively with this print may have been too washed out or not as noticeable.
Overall, I'm so happy with how this romper turned out. I have some other leg band ideas so I may make a few more. I whipped this one up in less than two hours one morning before everyone woke up so it's a relatively quick sew.
Thanks to RaeAnna for giving me the perfect excuse to make a new romper!
You can read RaeAnna's introduction post here which has the link up party and all the information about the giveaway! You can also follow Sewing Mama RaeAnna's board Romper Week - Sewing Mama RaeAnna on Pinterest and don't forget to enter the giveaway below.