social media links

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Imagine the Possibilities

Oh lordy. What have I done? Hehe. Somehow I have joined the "Imagine the Impossibilities" challenge over at The Cottage Market.  There are actually 6 blogs which have joined forces in hosting this challenge so you should check them all out.

 

When I first read about the challenge I immediately thought of my gigantic fabric stash. It's in desperate need of organizing.  We moved so many times in the past few years and I dragged the stash along for the ride.  When I say it's gigantic, I'm not sure anyone (except maybe my older sister who may or may not have been the one ACTUALLY dragging it during at least one of the moves) understands just how much fabric I've accumulated over the years. 

We're settled in now and I have the space and even the shelves, but I haven't had the push I needed to get it under control.  Well as you can see here, Andrea has announced to the world my impossible dream and if that's not enough to get my butt in gear I don't know what is, hehe.

The stash will need to be organized and shelved by the 31st of January.  That's coming up fast (that's what happens when you join in HALF WAY through the month!),  but I know I can do it.  I'll post an update next monday just to keep myself on track.  It will be amazing to get it all in one place and be able to see what I have. Especially since I'm trying to sew regularly for Bean. My goal is to not have to buy any new fabric for the clothes I make for her. Notions maybe. But not fabric.  I may need to come back to look at the button a bunch of times this week 'cause the "YOU CAN DO IT!" line might come in handy.

I'll tell you one person who's going to be happy about this challenge.  My husband.  Although, I'm not sure even he won't be shocked to see all that fabric in one place, hehe.

1 comment :

  1. I got my fabric organized this summer with those hanging sweater holders on a clothing rack, but that's as far as I got with my craft room. Is there a prize for this nonsense?

    I'm cracking up because the spamword for this is pride. DY pride....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and always try to respond to them when they come in, but please be sure your account includes an email address so I can reply. Thanks!!