social media links

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Ballard - Pattern Tour

The Ballard from Straight Stitch Designs is touring this week and I love the versions I've been seeing.  Jaime's seriously blew me away and I definitely need a floral Ballard in my future.



Anyway, when Kimberly asked me if I'd like to be on the tour I was thrilled.  I'm really trying to make the effort to sew for myself a little more and this quick sew was just what I needed.  I used the leftover striped fabric from a maxi dress I made for myself this summer, paired with a black ponte de roma.


The back of the top is split which adds interest to this otherwise super comfy, casual top.  I wore a solid black top under it for these pictures, but depending on the fabric you use I think it'd be fun way to add a pop of color or mix prints.


The Ballard pattern sews together super fast and is described as "flattering in front and party in the back."  I love that all the openings have bands instead of hems and the 3/4 sleeves are perfect for the weather we're having.


The sizing is from 0 to 18 and it's easy to blend the sizes to get the fit you're looking for.  I am short and wanted more of a top than tunic so I used the lengthen/shorten lines on the pattern to chop about five or so inches off the length.  The pattern is available exclusively through Indie Sew during the tour, but starting November 3rd you can purchase it directly thought Straight Stitch Designs.  Check out the rest of the ladies on the tour and fall in love with the Ballard like I have.

2 comments :

  1. Ooh I like the back- a lot! And I'm not super tall but have a weirdly long torso- I love the tunic length version. Those usually fit like a shirt on me lol!! Hope you do get arounf to making a floral one- it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your version! It turned out lovely and looks so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and always try to respond to them when they come in, but please be sure your account includes an email address so I can reply. Thanks!!